- Flea & Tick
- Skin & Coat
- Rx Food
A Guide to Choose the Best Do Grooming Clippers for Dogs
Posted on 01/23/2019
Posted by Only Vet Meds
Are you taking good care of your pet's coat and skin? Make sure that you buy the prescribed pet medications, shampoos and supplements to keep its coat healthy, shiny and problem-free. You can also buy Rx pet meds and preventatives from a reliable pet pharmacy like fleas and ticks dog medications and cat medications. However, regular grooming is something that you can't ignore.
Why do you need to trim your dog's coat?
- To make it look good
- To help it stay comfortable and cool, especially during summers
- To prevent summoning the pests and infections that may otherwise require you to subject your pet to petmeds
Grooming clippers for dogs are available in many varieties and from top brands. First, you need to know how to choose the best one. Here are some important points to consider:
- Dog's Breed: Dogs like German shepherds and poodles have thick coats and thus require more powerful clippers than dogs like golden retrievers and Newfoundland who have finer coats.
- Speed Variations: if you are a beginner, prefer single-speed clippers. Though, variable speed clippers are useful if you have many dogs and bulk trimming task at hand.
- Operation: Dog clippers may generate a lot of heat and noise as well as high vibrations, making the dog uncomfortable. Check how different clippers operate.
- Corded or Cordless: While cordless options offer convenience, they are slower and may require frequent charging. The corded ones are faster and more powerful.
- Parts: Is the motor powerful enough? What is the 'rotations per minute' value? Are the blades detachable, chemical, rust and heat-resistant?
- Convenience: Lightweight clippers are easy to hold for long time. Check the ergonomic design to ensure that the clipper won’t cause hand fatigue.
Some of the popular brands in the market include Andis, Wahl and Oster. Make sure that you draw comparison among them and select the best one.