Panacur® is a broad-spectrum anthelmintic (fenbendazole 10%). It is an apple cinnamon flavored paste for intended for use in horses, foals and ponies. It is highly effective against the predominant internal parasites of horses: large strongyles, small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids. It is safe for use in pregnant mares and very young foals.
10% (100mg) Fenbendazole
Panacur® (fenbendazole) Paste 10% is administered orally at a rate of 2.3 mg/lb (5 mg/kg) for the control of large strongyles, small strongyles, and pinworms. One syringe will deworm a 1,100 lb horse. For foals and weanlings (less than 18 months of age) where ascarids are a common problem, the recommended dose is 4.6 mg/lb (10 mg/kg); one syringe will deworm a 550 lb horse.
For control of encysted early third stage (hypobiotic), late third stage and fourth stage cyathostome larvae, and fourth stage larvae of Strongylus vulgaris, the recommended dose is 4.6 mg/lb (10 mg/kg) daily for 5 consecutive days; administer one syringe for each 550 lbs body weight per day.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
1. Determine the weight of the
2. Remove syringe tip.
3. Turn the dial ring until the edge of the ring nearest the tip lines up with zero.
4. Depress plunger to advance paste to tip.
5. Now set the dial ring at the graduation nearest the weight of the horse (do not underdose).
6. Horse’s mouth must be free of food.
7. Insert nozzle of syringe through the interdental space and deposit the paste on the back of the tongue by depressing the plunger.